Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week 189

Oct 10-16

This week kind of flew by, but was filled with some fun Halloween treats and also a play date at our house.  Let me backtrack.  When preschool started we signed up for two different dates to bring the "fun Friday snack" to class.  Ed and I decided number one would be the week of his birthday if it was available--it was, score!  The second week we chose a random week in October because we both love Halloween and it is so fun to make holiday inspired treats.  I had some random extravagant plans for this particular snack after pinteresting for weeks upon weeks.  When it finally came down to it Jack requested cupcakes and since I didn't have much time I complied.  Cupcakes are simple and easy.  I have them pretty much down to a science at this point.



Ed and I had to go to Walmart for some random thing so we decided to check out the holiday aisle for any neat cupcake accessories.  We tried to find the "Halloween funfetti mix" that Ed swears exists.  We couldn't find that, but we did find some fun sprinkles, jack-o-lantern plates, baking cups, and neat little pumpkin candy accessory thingies.  I don't know what to call them.  Jack was awesome and helped me bake the cupcakes and also decorate them.  This is what we came up with for his class.  :)  I think they liked them!

This week was also the long awaited overnight stay that I gifted Ed for his birthday.  For once we are both finally well and have the time to go out.  Ed's mom was gracious enough to come over in the afternoon to watch the kids for a few hours and then Aunt Caroline saved the day too by staying at our house overnight and into the morning so we could go to Columbia and enjoy a night to ourselves.  The next morning Jack had school so Grandma (Ed's mom) picked him up and drove him for us.



I'm not going to say much about our night out, because it's really none of  your business ;) but to make a long story short we stayed in a nice hotel in the Vista, walked to a rooftop restaurant/bar, enjoyed dinner and drinks, and walked back.  :)  It was a great night.  We had a great time.  It was much needed time without kids around!

So anyway, later in this week Aunt Caroline was still staying with us because she was on her fall break and my mom was in Pennsylvania taking care of my Grandma because she had open heart surgery.  It all went very well and she is doing fine.  Tuesday I had signed up to host a play date within our new play group.  It all went very smoothly, but I'm not going to lie...I'm super happy Caroline was here with me because she helped out a lot.  We got the house picked up,  made muffins, fed the kids, dressed the kids, and showered ourselves all before 9:30 when everyone came over.  We had quite the houseful and it was a lot of fun.  Luckily our play group is awesome and all of the kids were very well behaved. Honestly I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people.  Here are some pictures from the adventure.


Caroline playing doll house with some of the kids.

A partial group shot, there are way more people than this.
 The next few shots are individuals of the kids.  I got most of them.  Some of them are pretty funny!  These kids love the camera!  :)  Forgive me, but I don't know all of their names yet so I can't label them.  The first girl and the last girl are not duplicates...they are twins.  Their brother is the second picture down from here.  I think their mom is a saint.  She has so much patience.  Maybe I can learn something from her.










No comments: