Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 174

Jun 27-Jul 3

We  had some more summer time fun in between all the packing and moving.  One morning Aunt Caroline met up with us and we all drove to the water park and enjoyed it for about an hour before she had to clock in.  It will be her 5th summer as a lifeguard there.  She's really a shallow water attendant according to Andy.  LOL, inside joke.  Okay I digress.  The kids LOVED the water park.  Both of them.  Caroline took Jack on some of the slides, and Abel was happy splish splashing in the little shallow baby area.  He especially loved the little fountains that squirted water up.  It was adorable.  There was even a part of the baby pool in the shade.  We had a nice little morning.  I got some fun pictures and even a video.





One of the days Ed had class I got the boys out of the house by taking them to the park.  We still had Jack's bike in the back of the car from when we went to the park by the river so I figured why not bring that out too?  Anything to wear these kids out, right?  There are always lots of kids at this particular park, and it is super nice as far as shade, quality of equipment, safety, and variety.








July 2 finally came.  We were scheduled for closing at 10:00 am.  I was so nervous because I have heard plenty of horror stories about closings being cancelled, or something happening last minute that wasn't expected.  This was the smoothest thing ever.  It was much quicker than I anticipated and very easy.  Who knew buying a house was so simple when you have the right people working on your team!!  We were finally homeowners!  Look ahead for a post of the new house tour.  I made sure to take a bunch of pictures of the empty house cleaned so I could give a guided tour later.



July 3rd was the big moving day.  Oh my!  Surprisingly this went very smoothly as well.  Something/someone was definitely on our side this week.  Ed and I picked up the U-Haul truck early that morning and had everything ready to go. We had SO MUCH HELP and it is/was GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!  Seriously, our families are AMAZING.  We worked very quickly loading and unloading the truck.  I only got a couple of pictures because we were so busy getting things done.  Thank you to Will, Kristen, Andy, Caroline, and Ryan for ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!!!!  I was so impressed.  If anyone ever needs help moving, these are the people to call.  They were AWESOME!!!  Another person who made it possible is my MIL Cindy aka "Grandma."  She watched the boys for days and days while we packed, cleaned, and moved.  Thank you!!!!


Hopefully this will be our last move for a very long time!  :)  Ed and I counted 5 moves in 6 years of marriage.  This is it for at least 5 years!!!  I LOVE our new house!  Can't wait to give everyone the tour!

No comments: