Monday, July 26, 2010

Week 72

Jul 21-27

Aunt Caroline and her friend Haley came to visit us!!! Well, I really think they just came to visit Jack mostly. :) They drove all the way down from SC for the second time this year. They came back in March for Jack's 1st birthday. Now he is 16 months and they both were pretty amazed at how much he had changed. The biggest change is his vocabulary and how much more he actually "talks" instead of "baby babbles".
I love having them here. They took Jack out on long bike rides, to the park, and just wore him out! They fed him, bathed him, and watched him while I got things done! He loved having people in the house to play with. I think sometimes he probably gets sick of Ed and I so it's nice to have someone new. Thank you thank you girls! I got my garage cleaned out and organized...and then even had time to fix up the front yard.
On their last night we even splurged a little and went out for pizza! Oh Cibelli's Pizza how I have missed you!!! We had a great time and Ed and I were amazed that we can now only eat half of the amount we used to. We were modest and got cheese pizza with water to drink. It was still absolutely delicious! Having the girls here was so much fun! I wish they could have stayed a little longer, but they had to go back to work...and back to the life of busy 17 year olds. Oh to be young again. :) Haha!
Jack got to see his "Baby Kay Kay" a few times. One morning we took the babies on a little walk. Here they are sporting their ultra-cool shades! We didn't get to walk very long because it got tooooo HOT! This time of year it's pretty difficult to get outside even in the early morning. I am starting to get excited for the "fall" season. Which basically means the difference between "hot" and "unbearably hot". :)
Jack has an obsession with "tummies" and especially "belly buttons" and in these pictures he was showed Kaitlyn his and in turn tried to find hers. She had on a cute dress that snapped at the bottom and he couldn't quite figure out why he couldn't find her belly. HILARIOUS!

They are so cute together! I love to snap pictures when they aren't looking.
He is so interested in her and now every time he sees a baby he points and says "Baby Kay Kay!!". Hopefully he will be equally as interested when we have another baby one day. I think he will make a great big brother.

He is so gentle with Kaitlyn. He brings her toys and puts her pacifier back in her mouth when it falls out.
Two more things to add. The pajamas that Jack is wearing in these pictures are a 3T from Old Navy! Holy cow! Mimi (my mom) had bought them on accident thinking they were 24 months so we have been holding onto them so he can grow into them eventually. Well he suddenly started growing out of some of his old pajamas so I figured I would open these and see just how bad they were. They fit! He has a little bit of room to grow...but I never thought a 3T would fit my little 16-month old!

The next thing. I'm sure you've notice that my posts have been a little "picture heavy" lately. As everyone knows I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to take pictures! I am sooooo glad Ed got me my dream camera for my birthday last year. It was definitely worth every penny it cost. My new obsession lately is to save up to get Photoshop editing software so I can take my pictures to the next level by being able to edit them professionally. I have been just using iPhoto but it basically only lets you do standard cropping and change pictures to black and white. Not much to work with. The software costs around $1000.00 so my idea is to extend my hobby to people who want pictures of their kids or family, charge a small fee, and save up the money towards my software!

I have been taking lots more pictures to really get used to my camera and get new ideas on angles, lighting, posing, etc. I hope you like pictures because there are more to come! Also, if you want to be one of the first "clients" to get pictures taken let me know! I am NOT by any means a trained professional, but I will do whatever it takes to get people pictures they love for a very small fee compared to a regular photographer!

I might even extend out another blog featuring my work. :) Just to make myself clear this is just a side hobby. It's something fun I like to do. I'm not going to quit my real job so don't worry.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

We didn't come to visit just Jack! We came to see you and Ed too! Anyways we had a lot of fun and really enjoyed watching Jack. Thanks for having us :) I can't wait to see you in August! Love you

Anonymous said...

I love the photo-heavy blogs! They're my favorite!

Emily said...

I think your photography is awesome! If you didn't live far away I'd have you do some maternity pics for me.

So when are you going to make Jack a big brother? He's clearly up to the job :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Em-not quite yet, but we have a timeframe in mind. :)

mistyvenne said...

you take amazing pictures!! the camera must be one of those super duper ones. my brother found photoshop software online a few years ago and i played around with it. hard stuff!! definately professional. people pay big bucks for nice pictures. some of the things you can do with photography today is so beautiful. good luck in that 'hobby'! you're great already :)