Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 69

June 30-July 6

Happy 4th of July!! We had a sweet, sweet Independence Day this year. First of all, I actually had off work (gasp!). Second of all, Ed wasn't out to sea (gasp!). Haha. I think that with all we have been through we TRULY appreciate a nice day to celebrate our country, our freedom, and our family. :)
We started off the day by riding our bikes out to our favorite little cafe for breakfast. We love eating there because the food is delicious and we can still stick to our diets! After breakfast we just kind of relaxed and hung out for a little while. Jack took a good nap! :)
That afternoon we went to a neighborhood barbecue. It was pretty much most of the people from Ed's work and their families. We decided to ride our bikes over there since it would be easier.
It was fun to hang out with everyone! Unfortunately we didn't get to stay too long because it started raining and we can only take running after Jack for so long. :) Luckily it was in an open field and he had a huge area to run around, but he wears out pretty quickly, especially when it's hot! He drank half a bottled water and his little cheeks were red so when the first few sprinkles came down we were out of there.
Pretty soon he will be old enough to just hang out with the other kids so we can relax and talk to the other adults.
In other news I took my test that for 8+ months I have been studying for. I passed!!! So despite the fact that I just started my new job in the ER, I am now a Board Certified Pediatric Nurse! Woohoo!! I was so nervous taking this test. Now I just have to convince my hospital to approve giving me the extra $1.75/hr that I am supposed to get. They are trying to tell me that since I am not working in the same field as my certification they don't have to pay me. Um, excuse me, but there are PLENTY of pediatric patients in the ER. I am working on it. I will earn my hard-earned bonus!!!!
Not much else is new. It was nice to be back this week. I am sorry this blog has been so behind. Since I started in the ER I have been super busy and SUPER DUPER exhausted! I am learning so many new things and pretty much the entire shift I am on my feet running around. It is awesome, but I am still getting used to the fast pace. A big change from our little pediatric unit that often only had 1-2 patients.
Now that my test is over it is time to start studying ER nurse stuff! I have a lot to learn, but I am very excited for this new adventure!
Hope everyone else had a Happy 4th! :)

PS-this kid would NOT cooperate for most of the pictures but I went ahead and put them up anyway.

No comments: