Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 68

Jun 23-29

Wooohooo! This week was what I like to call "momcation." I don't have any pictures of Jack b/c I was in Wisconsin most of the week. As most of you know, my BFF is Holly who lives in the cheese state. This particular weekend was her wedding shower and bachelorette party so I flew up for some much needed girl time.
Everyone kept asking me if I thought I would be okay since I've never left Jack before. I kept assuring everyone I would be fine, but for some reason I don't think they believed me.
I was perfectly fine! Now don't get me wrong, of course I missed Jack (and Ed too!). I also enjoyed having some "me" time and being a normal person again. Sometimes as moms we disassociate from our former selves because we feel pressured to give, give, give. It is perfectly okay to go off every now and then to remind yourself that you are more than a mom! I highly recommend it to anyone.
Holly's wedding shower was absolutely amazing. She has so many family and friends who love her very much!!! I was so excited to spend a weekend celebrating Holly because she is always the one to make everyone else feel special. She deserved all of the attention!! We also had a great time at her bachelorette party. It was so much fun to go out with a bunch of girls! It's been so long!
I can't wait until the wedding in August!! Holly is going to be so BEAUTIFUL!! I saw her dress and it is amazing. Her location is perfect. Her groom is the SWEETEST! It is going to be so awesome!!! Ed and I are flying to the wedding BY OURSELVES so we will get to experience some "us" time! SCORE!!!!
It was awesome to see Holly again. Of course she was the perfect hostess and made me feel so welcome and comfortable in her home. I can't wait to see her again SOON!!!

No comments: