Saturday, July 17, 2010

Week 71

July 14-20

I'm a little early on this post, but I figured I might as well post while I have the time. So far this has been a very fun week!! :) I continued my orientation in the ER and I am learning tons of new things. One of the days I was at work Ed said that Jack was miserable...due to teething. Poor baby. He has been getting so many more teeth lately! It doesn't usually bother him so Ed knew that he must have been hurting pretty bad. He decided the solution was a strawberry milkshake from McDonald's. Here is a really cute picture of Jack feeling much better!!!
Yesterday I had the day off so I organized a play date with some of our new neighbors. From previous posts you all know Baby Kaitlyn...or "Baby Kay-Kay" as Jack likes to call her. Well on the other side of her we got more new neighbors...twin 2 year olds! Charlotte and Vincent are super cute kids. Their mom is Amy and she used to be a preschool teacher so Tara (Kaitlyn's mom) and I learned lots of new songs and fun things to do with toddlers!! Score!
Jack absolutely LOVED having all the kids over at his house. I was so proud of him because he shared his toys and entertained everyone. He was a very gracious host!! My favorite part was the look on his face when everyone first came over and we answered the door.
He saw all the kids and got super excited! They all played for hours while the mommy's had coffee and chatted. It was lovely! When everyone left Jack cried for about a minute because he didn't want them to leave. Shortly after I fed him he went down for his nap and slept hard for almost 2 hours! Double score!
Last night Ed and I decided to relax a bit and we took Jack out for ice cream! He LOVED it of course. He made an absolute mess out of it too! We went to this place called Coney Island. They are known for their hotdogs and soft serve. It was quite yummy! I got a chocolate ice cream cone dipped in strawberry!
After we got back we decided why not really relax and have a couple of drinks! I know, I know. Insanity does not include drinks on their nutrition plan, but we have been working hard and really needed to relax for a minute. Ed had a few beers and I drank my favorite organic blueberry wine! I LOVE that stuff! I am really going to miss it when we move from here. It is from a local winery and it tastes sooooo good!! I will have to stock up before we leave.
I also have today off and it is SATURDAY! I love waking up Saturday mornings as a family. We went for a bike ride to our favorite little cafe! I brought the camera along so I could get some pictures of the awesome food. I figured since I talk about this place so much you guys should get an idea of what it is like. They are so nice there!
We always sit outside and usually people will come with their dogs. The restaurant provides all dogs with a water bowl (how cute!). They always bring out a high chair, crayons, and coloring book for Jack...and coffee right away for Mommy and Daddy. We always get Jack a pancake and they make it in the shape of Mickey Mouse! He loves the fresh fruit of course.
Jack prefers fruit to anything else. Lately if we are going to serve him fruit we don't let him see it until he eats some of his other stuff. What kid prefers fruit over bread and meat? I guess I should be happy about it. He likes his veggies too. I am glad he's not a picky eater so far because it makes life so much easier.

No comments: