Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 65

June 2-8

Daddy FINALLY came home! They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and maybe that is true sometimes because ever since he got back we have been having SO MUCH FUN!!!!! I guess you can truly appreciate someone when you really know what it's like to not have them around. We missed him so much!! This is also why I haven't updated in awhile because we have just been on the go ever since he stepped foot in the door! :)

Ed got home last Sunday morning and I was on call for the hospital so we decided to enjoy our day and hope I didn't get called in. The first step to a fun family day...get BEACH CRUISERS!! Ed has been wanting to get them since we moved to the beach and now I am kicking myself for not listening to him.

They are so much fun!!!!!!!!

We ride them all the time! Definitely worth the money spent...and an added bonus it is healthy exercise OUTSIDE!!
I don't know if Jack was holding off on doing new things b/c Daddy wasn't here, but ever since he got home Jack has exploded with new tricks, words, etc. It is amazing how many things he learns every single day. He must be going through a brain growth spurt, because sometimes it seems like he does about 4 new things in a matter of hours.

The other day we were riding our bikes (which I'm pleased to say has become almost a daily routine now) and Jack pointed up at a bird flying and said, "Bard". I was like OMG Ed! He not only said the word "bird" but he applied the fact that he recognized what it was and pointed at it without being prompted. SO amazing! :)
We have a tradition of eating dinner together as a family. This was one thing we discussed even before we got married. We both agreed that this tradition was important for a number of reasons and it would remain one of our highest priorities. I personally feel like so many great things fall into place when a family comes together at the end of the day, shares their stories and feelings, and simply enjoys a meal together. Luckily we both seem to enjoy this tradition because it really hasn't been difficult to do. We have been doing it ever since we have lived together. I would say (quite proudly) we sit down and eat at the table 5-6 times a week.

So it was at the table that I noticed another one of Jack's new things. We always pray before dinner and I peaked through my closed eyes and noticed that Jack was praying too. He had his little hands clasped together, looking at me with this big grin on his face (he was so proud of himself!). It was so cute I could almost cry!

Other things he does...blows kisses, dances (hilarious!), jumps, throws trash away when I ask him. The other day we went shopping at Publix and he now helps me pick out produce and puts it in the bag. I grabbed some bananas and he was like, "nana, nana, nana." His chatter is pretty much non-stop now. I can practically see those synapses firing in his brain!!!

On another note...So Ed decided that he needed some new "everyday" type sneakers (he really did b/c his were super-worn out and I can't even remember how long he's had them). He decided he wanted to match Jack and he had always wanted to try the "Chuck Taylors" or "chuckies" as we like to call them in our house. He asked me if I thought they were comfortable and I replied that they must be b/c they've been around forever. We went to the mall to get some and they were buy one, get one 1/2 off. I figured..."what the heck," and went ahead and got a pair as well. Now we are officially dorky as a family, but I think it's cute. :)
Jack has been teething and much more uncomfortable than when he got his other 6 teeth. We couldn't figure out for the longest time where this tooth was coming from because it's not near the others...it's his incisor I think. Maybe he will get more teeth soon! :)

One last thing for this already long post...we gave Jack his first Oreo cookie! He LOVED it, of course. :)
"mmm...something new"

"hmm...let me see about this..."

"oh wow, that is good...wonder if I can fit the whole thing in my mouth"

"yeah I definitely approve!"

No comments: