Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 63

May 19-25

Even though Daddy is still gone all of this week Jack and decided to make the best of our time together and stay busy, busy, busy! Wednesday we made plans with a friend from my work. Her name is Angi and she works in the X-Ray department at the hospital. She also works the weekend shift so we have a ton in common because we understand the hardships of leaving our families all weekend and not always getting to do the fun things that most people do on a weekend. :) The sacrifices we Mommies make for our babies!! That could turn into a whole other post.
So we decided on a pool date for the kids. Angi has two girls Kiera and Mackenzie (who goes by Kenzie) and they are ADORABLE! Poor Jack had to go on a playdate with TWO girls! :) He was miserable as you can tell in the pictures. Haha! Kenzie and Jack are pretty much the same age so it was neat to see them interact with each other.
This was Jack's first time in a big swimming pool since last summer and oh what a difference! I will post a picture of last summer to compare the two because it is amazing! I wasn't worried about Jack not liking the big pool because he definitely likes the bath and his kid pool...and the ocean. I was more worried about him liking it so much that he is fearless. He has no qualms about putting his face in the water, gulping it all in. I started getting nervous about him drinking too much pool water and drowning in his sleep later (yes, this is really possible). When he was out of the pool I pretty much followed him around because I could totally see him diving in without thinking twice.
We are definitely going to have to work on baby swim lessons" to at least teach him how to hold his breath when going under and the basic kicking. Luckily some of my nursing friends are experts on this and I have a little bit of lifeguard/swim lesson background. I'm sure Jack will be just fine...it's just the matter of finding the time to work on it consistently.
At one point we got out of the pool for a snack break and Jack was all over Kenzie. He kept trying to kiss her, help her with her cup, etc. There are a couple of pictures where she has her hand behind his back like she's hugging him. We had an AWESOME time and thank Angi for inviting us!!
On another note Jack has definitely been working on expanding his vocabulary. He walks around talking all day long in his own little language but he also has a few definite words that are associated with objects. His latest additions are: "dadi" for dog; "nana" for banana; "beep-beep"; "wooowooo" for a siren noise on a firetruck; and of course his other usuals: "mama", "dada", "bye-bye", "baby", "bah", "ba-ba", and "lala." I've also noticed a couple of times that he sings. It's the cutest thing. :)
Jack eats pretty much all foods that we eat. He LOVES macaroni and cheese, sandwiches, fruit cheerios, chicken pot pie, veggies, and of course ice cream. :)
He is caught up on shots according to my personal shots record. I am getting them one at a time, although I received a letter from stupid Tri-Care the other day pretty much telling me that Jack was due for a bunch of shots and they said in a sugar coated way that he was probably going to die from measles or some other childhood illness if I didn't get him immunized right away. I am tempted to write them back and tell them that according to the CDC Immunization schedule the MMR can be given anywhere from 12-18 months and in fact states in the footnotes that 12 months is the MINIMUM age it is to be given. Hmmm. Then I'm going to wait until 18 months and they can kiss my you know what. :) So there. I am going to stick to my schedule that I made. It spreads them all out and they are still never technically "late" because they are within the ranges suggested by the CDC. At 12 months they can get up to 8 immunizations. Forget that!
Okay I'm finished with my rant. I hope everyone has a great week! We are going to go visit Daddy tomorrow so we are VERY excited! Jack can't wait to go swimming in the hotel pool. He also wants to visit our friends Sammie and Troy and their new puppy Daisy! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shazam... we're really late... Catherine has had ZERO in the way of vaccines. Em since age five or six... Daniel since I pulled him out of daycare to be home... we always get looks at the E/R... then they hear we homeschool (gasp) and they get it. LOL! :) I love these images. They look so pretty with your background. I just realized that your page didn't "save" in my sidebar of blogs, so I fixed that. You update often - which I like! :)

Emily said...

What a ladies man! lol- we need to get him and Lucy together :-)
We have been doing "swim lessons" on our own- Lucy is bad about sucking water, too.
I totally get you on the vaccine front. So far Lucy has only had DTaP, HIB, and PC (2 rounds of each). We've refused hep b at birth, as well as polio and rota (since she's not in daycare). I'm steeling myself for her 9 month appointment, though, because we're going to be seeing a new doc and will likely be harassed.
Keep fighting the good fight!

Anonymous said...

Yoo-hooooo... Elizabeth... you're slackin' with the blog post! :)