Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 61

May 5-11

I'm going to call this post "farewell to the curlies!" Yes, we finally chopped off those curls. Maybe instead I should call it "farewell to Jacqueline" since I can no longer refer to Jack as a girl.
The last picture of his baby curls.

For the first haircut experience we decided to take Jack to "Snip-It's," a hair cutting shop just for kids. They cater everything to kids from a TV that plays a little cartoon he can watch to bubbles for distraction.
Big boy sitting in the chair.

I was pleasantly surprised that he was so well-behaved. I thought the whole experience might freak him out a little bit. Even when she put on the cape he was fine. He definitely LOVED the bubbles and focused on popping them more than what the lady was doing to his hair.

Bubbles!

More bubbles.

Being very patient.

Looks like such a big boy!

All done! Picture with Mommy.

Picture with Daddy!

Side view of the end result. The lady put gel in his hair. :)

Watching the rain.

Front view of the "faux hawk".

5 comments:

Becky said...

Look how HANDSOME!! Don't you just love Snip-its!

Unknown said...

Thank Becky! YES, it is sooo cute! :) He was so well behaved because he couldn't stop looking at everything. How is Nolan??? I can't wait for them to meet soon.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy! What an awesome hair place... what a TANNED mom! ((Jealous me))

Emily said...

OMG- he went from "baby boy" to "little man!" What a handsome boy you have!

Unknown said...

That's what FL will do to you! If I didn't have a kid who wanted to be outside all the time I wouldn't have quite the tan. :) He LOVES his pool and we are in it ALL THE TIME!