Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 47

Jan 27-Feb 2
Hello all! Those of you who are around Jack know that he has pretty much always been a talker. For a long time he has been saying the typical "ba-ba, ma-ma, da-da, la-la," sounds. Well now he officially has some "words" that he says. These words include: Mama, Dada, Bye-Bye, and "Mooooo!" :) One of his favorite toys is his farm and his first official animal noise is the cow. Here is a picture of him playing with his farm.
Jack pretty much plays farm every single day so I am thinking that he will come up with more animal sounds in the next few weeks. I really love this particular farm (it is Fisher Price Little People) except for the cow and the horse. The cow is brown and white, and looks kind of like a horse. The horse is also brown (confusing) and kind of looks like a camel. I am almost tempted to write a letter to Fisher Price letting them know that their animals are not up to par. I don't want to be rude. He still LOVE, LOVE, LOVES his farm!! :)

He is so very proud of his cow sound that he does it...all the time...EVERYWHERE! The other day we were in Publix and an old-ish lady walked by, smiling at Jack. He looks at her, smiles...and goes, "MOOOOOOO!!!" She was kind of offended, I think. Jack can be my new weapon against old people. In a subtle, cute kind of way. :) Muwahahahaha!!

Other than that I can't think of many more remarkable accomplishments for the week. Oh, I have been trying to teach Jack a handful of body parts. He definitely can tell me where my nose is, and sometimes my ears. We will keep working on it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always count on your children to embarrass someone - in our case, usually me!

I can't convey the humor in a comment, but Emily once pulled me across Home Depot to stand right in front of a morbidly obese man with a thin white t-shirt to say - quite loudly - while POINTING AT HIM... "Look Mommy, he has big boobies like you!"

Indeed, he did.

Sigh.

Unknown said...

Love it! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Jen, how did you handle that one? I can't wait to see what things Jack will say when he can "really" talk!! :)

Anonymous said...

My eyes enlarged, I smiled... then snagged her hand and waddled down the nearest aisle - Iwas pregnant with D at the time