Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 49

Feb 10-16

Happy Valentine's Day! Let me digress first and start with the rest of the week. Grandma & Grandpa Bullock came back from their cruise so of course they stopped by to see Jack again. Their puppy Scarlet spent the week with us, and Hope LOVED having an extra friend around. They brought Jack a little present when they stopped in.

For Valentine's Day I worked since it fell on a Sunday. We have an agreement that we don't get each other big presents like we used to. Usually we have a nice dinner together at home and we talk about why we love each other and what we are grateful for. I got Ed some small presents...a box of his favorite Girl Scout Cookies, a card, and his favorite car scent....the little Yankee Candle car jar's in Apple. Of course Jack got Daddy a card too. After work I came home and Ed had an INCREDIBLE dinner prepared with candles all over the living room. Jack had gone to bed so we had an uninterrupted dinner. He got a bottle of my favorite wine and even chocolate gnash for dessert. It was sooo good! I was happy with that.
As usual...Ed out-gifted me. After dinner he looked over and says, "are you ready for your real present?" I was floored. I truly thought dinner was enough. So he led me upstairs and in the guest room he had set up a "sewing table/area" up for me. He had bought a table, measuring pad/cutting grid, drawers for storage, extra accessories, and my little sewing machine sitting there. It was so SWEET! I am so excited! He said it was really a gift for him too so he doesn't have to look at my sewing machine on the coffee table. I think he is the best husband in the world. I can't wait to make new projects.

Here are some pictures of Jack in his little Valentine's Day pajamas. They are super-cute!

No comments: