Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 46

Jan 20-26

I'm not sure if I have written about this yet, but Jack now takes his baths in the real bath tub as opposed to his baby bath which is much smaller. He finally got to the point that he barely fit into the baby bath and also he is so much more active that his splashes could not be contained and he would soak down the entire kitchen to include my TV and iPod stereo I have on the counter. Not cool.
We've been giving him baths in the big boy tub since we came home from Christmas vacation, but I hadn't gotten around to getting some pictures until the other night. I was giving Jack his bath and thought about it so I yelled for Ed to bring up the camera. Here are some of the shots. He got some bath toys for Christmas from Grandma, but we left those at her house so he can play with them next time (really b/c we couldn't fit one more thing into our car). Jack got a toy for Christmas that he already had so we decided to trade it for some new bath toys. We went to the store and got this cute boat and had enough to go ahead and get two sets of the matching accessories. He has ALL kinds of bath toys now and he LOVES them!! :)
On another note, Jack is very sad because I locked up his favorite cabinet. When we baby-proofed I put locks on all of the "unsafe" cabinets like the cleaning supplies and things that could hurt him. I left one cabinet for him to explore, it mostly had tupperware and things that wouldn't hurt him and he liked to take everything out. Well it really started to get on my nerves because he would literally only play with this stuff instead of his toys. Also, every time I turned around he would drag out every piece onto the kitchen floor and although it used to be put away very nicely, I admit I got into the habit of literally throwing things back in there so I could pick up quickly, as you can see in the picture.

Finally, I just couldn't take it anymore. I would wash everything every time he would take it out b/c it bugged me that it was all over the floor. I couldn't stand stuff strewn about my kitchen every single time he was awake and playing. I locked them. Jack is soooo disappointed it's not even funny. Maybe I will open them on special occasions, but for now they will stay locked.

On a happier note, the table that we ordered weeks ago FINALLY got delivered to the house!! This table can go from circle to oval. In this picture it is an oval because that is how they set it up when they delivered it. :) We are very happy with them.

5 comments:

Gerard said...

Your camera takes beautiful pictures. Love Gerard.

P.S. I will make my wife start commenting on your blog.

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE TABLE.. AND OMG JACK IS TOO CUTE IN THE CABINET... DOES HE HIDE THINGS FROM YOU TOO?

NAOMI

Anonymous said...

Here I am, as per Gerard's instruction.

I know...

that YOU know...

that I read this blog...

In fact, it inspired me to swap (finally) from lame-arse MSN Spaces to Blogger...

so there.

I love-love-love-ADORE the new photo of Jack on the header and your new background, too.

I think you should maintain the blog for me and me alone...

Let it be so.

;)

Jen

Unknown said...

LOL. Jen you crack me up! I will maintain it solely for you. :) I just got frustrated yesterday b/c I started the blog for family/friends who live far away and initially everyone got excited when I would put up a new post. Now it seems like no one reads it anymore. It is always more fun when it is interactive and also gives me more 'material' to blog about. I do feel like my posts have been a little boring/predictive. Maybe I should post more topics that are controversial to strike conversation. :)

Emily said...

Controversial posts are fun :-)
Lucy still takes baths with me....
Love the new furniture!