Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 45

Jan 13-19

This week isn't over yet, but since I have the time right now I figure I will go ahead and fill in a blog for now and if anything else happens that I feel I need to add...I will add it later! So far this weekend has been AWESOME! Usually I work weekends but when we don't have kids to take care of, our unit closes. I worked part of the day Friday with Denise. We discharged everybody home and closed up around 4:00. I thought it was great to come home a little early. Whenever the unit is closed and it is your scheduled day to work, you are "on-call" for the hospital. Usually when we close it doesn't last very long and you just kind of sit around and wait to be called back. Well yesterday (Saturday) I ended up being on-call all day and then today (Sunday) so far I have not been called in and it is already 2:00 pm.
I kind of got an unexpected free weekend. Although it is always nice to get a big, fat paycheck...every once in awhile it's nice to give up the money and have a weekend with my boys. Yesterday we hit up a couple of parks and also the beach. We are scoping out places to have Jack's 1st birthday party. We live a block from the beach and along A1A there are parks every 1/4 of a mile right on the beach. Some of them have playgrounds, volleyball courts, covered awnings with grills, etc. I thought it would be fun to have Jack's party at one of them since March is such a nice time of year here to be outside. It's usually in the 70's and sunny most days.

Jack LOVED the parks! It was the first time he really "played" at the park. Usually he just swings on the baby swing. He climbed up the stairs and reached the different levels of platforms, then he went down the slide. Of course we were right there with him since he is still so little. He had a great time though. He cried when we left.
We also went ahead and hit up the beach since it was right there and we hadn't been there in awhile. We thought we would see if Jack would walk on the sand in his shoes. He did a great job!!

2 comments:

Ed Storch said...

The blog looks great. I really love that pic of him walking and me holding his hand. It looks like he's walking so naturally.

Emily said...

I CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!!!!