Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 16

June 24-30

We had a great week! I finished my hospital orientation and now I will start on the floor with a nurse. I have to shadow her for awhile and get familiar with how things work, the equipment, procedures, etc. This will last a few weeks until I feel comfortable with handling everything on my own. I will let you know how it goes. My first day will be the Tuesday the 30th.
This past weekend Ed had duty on Saturday so Jack and I were on our own. We went to Viera and met some friends for some shopping and lunch. I finally got much needed new clothes. I have been avoiding buying new clothes because I'm still at that in-between stage. I have been wearing some of my maternity clothes, but now they look ridiculous and hang off of me. The problem is that my regular clothes still don't fit quite right so I had to give in. Luckily, Old Navy was having a massive sale and I ended up getting 3 shirts, a pair of jeans, a cute jean skirt, and a bathing suit all for around $60.00. So now I have a few outfits I can wear while I continue to lose weight. I am still in the weight loss competition we started at my other job. It was supposed to end the last day in June, but we are extending it until the end of July. I'm not sure what place I'm in, but I am determined to win it because the winnings are getting pretty big. :) I think that pretty soon I am going to step up the workout to running. I have been speed walking every morning with Jack. I can't run with him b/c I read that babies shouldn't be in jogging strollers until at least 6 months since it can strain their necks.
I also FINALLY decided on crib bedding for Jack's room. I held off when I was pregnant because I didn't know if he was going to be a boy or girl. I already have a lot of blue in his room so I needed something that would match. Here is what I ordered. The collection is called "It's a Jungle Out There." I don't know if anyone has looked at crib bedding lately, but some of the sets are absolutely ridiculous. Most of them only have 4 pieces-quilt, sheet, bumper, skirt and they are upwards of $300-$500. If you want the mobile or other accessories they run around $50 apiece. I personally think that is insane for a crib because babies are not going to be in them for very long. This particular set is 10 pieces and it includes the quilt, sheet, bumper, skirt, mobile, diaper stacker, valence, and 3 wall hangings. We will have to get 2 extra valences for his other windows. Comment and let me know what you think.

Saturday while Ed was on duty I got out Jack's jumperoo and put it together. I waited until Ed came home on Sunday so we could both be there when he tried it for the first time. I was worried he might still be too small, but he just barely fits and he LOVES it!!!!! Here is a video of him trying it out for the first time.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The bedding is adorable. It is amazing how expensive everything is. I helped Tina register for her baby shower the other day. I can't wait until she has her baby. Grandpa Ron and I are going to spoil her. Jack is growing so fast. He so cute in his jumperoo. Take care. And again, thanks for the update. Love Grandpa Ron and Mary Ann

Becky said...

I love that bedding! So cute! There are so many toys right now that are Rain Forest/Jungle too.

It took me forever to find Nolan's...some sets I liked the quilt, but hated the sheets. I just decided to mix and match from a couple of different sets. You're lucky that you found one you like entirely!! So cute!

Sorry I commented on this late...