Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 12

May 27-June 2

This week we kind of hung out around the house and stuck to our schedule. After the Baptism weekend it was nice to get back into the usual routine. Jack & I have been walking every morning with 3 other moms and their babies for about an hour. It's the first thing we do after we wake up and he eats. He loves to sit up in his stroller and see everything. Hope enjoys it too!

I have been looking for a new job and I think I have found one. It is on a pediatric unit in a small local hospital. The unit is tiny with only 8 beds. When I first called about the job the nurse manager asked if I could come in for an interview in the next hour. I wasn't planning on that happening so quickly and I had Jack (Ed was at work). She said I should just bring him with me.

So...Jack came with mommy on her job interview. We had a long talk in the elevator on the way up to the floor about how it was very important he behave himself. The interview ended up lasting over an hour and Jack was VERY good. :) He ended up falling asleep.

I'm waiting to hear back about whether or not I officially got the job. Apparently there is a policy in this hospital that they can't offer the job until they have posted it for the current hospital employees for 3 days. We are keeping our fingers crossed!

New things we have been trying:
Jack sat in his Bumbo chair for the first time this week. He absolutely loved it!! He's really good at holding his head up. He can sit in the chair for about 5 minutes straight before his head starts bobbing.
Jack still goes to sleep with his "friend". He likes to play with it as he falls asleep.

Still likes his "tummy time" mat. We do a few minutes on his back and a few minutes on his tummy a few times every day. I thought this was a funny face.

Since I will possibly be going back to work full time Ed and I decided to hire a part-time nanny to watch Jack. We decided he will probably do better if he can stick to his routine and be in his own house. If I get the job it will be Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 7am-7pm. We will only need someone Friday mornings until Ed gets home from work, then Ed will be watching Jack for the rest of the weekend. We interviewed someone and I think she is going to work out well. Hopefully Jack does okay. He's never really been without one of us.

Last Sunday we went to a Military Wife Appreciation Brunch. It was at the pier on Cocoa Beach. We got to hang out with some of our friends that Ed works with.

These last 2 pictures are for Sami. She got him these pajamas and I promised when he grew into them we would put up pictures for her. I personally like the ones that say "I'm Just Bananas Over Mommy". :)


3 comments:

Becky said...

He's so cute! I can't believe how big he is!

Good luck with the job! We'll be thinking about you.

Unknown said...

How precious. He has changed so much. Hope the job works out. If not, there is a better job out there somewhere. One good thing about nursing is the flexible hours. Take care! Love Mary Ann and Grandpa Ron PS: Are his eyes still blue?

Unknown said...

Yep, they're still blue!