Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 103


Most of the beginning of this week was spent with what I am calling The Plague of 2011. At least it was at our house. Now here is the thing that amazes me. I have been working at hospitals now for 7+ years. I have been sick (truly sick to where I had to call out of work) one time. Jack's first year and a half of life he never really got sick because he didn't go anywhere. The average person gets sick a few times a year...there have been quite a few times when Ed got sick from work or wherever and Jack might have gotten it. I never get it.

Jack praying before eating his hotdog. :)
Fast forward...ever since Jack started going to "school" aka daycare a couple of times a week for 2 hours a day, we have all been getting sick. I work in an EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT. I get exposed to a million germs a day and I NEVER get sick. Jack goes to day care once and I am on my a** for almost a week. It is crazy! What kind of germs are in daycares? This daycare is REALLY clean too. It doesn't even smell like pee (and I think they all smell like pee).
So Ed, Jack, and myself spent quite a few days on the couch. We watched many Disney movies and just attempted to recover. I hate being sick.
I love these pictures...they show how much he looks up to his Daddy!
On a better note this past Tuesday we were all finally feeling better and had the opportunity to attend a local baseball game. It was Military Appreciation Day so we got free tickets. The game was at 1:00 pm and it was perfect. Jack just had a mid-morning light snack so he would be hungry. We had decided a few days prior that we were treating ourselves to hot dogs and "ball game food." Mmmmm....there is nothing like a hotdog at a baseball game!!!
It was a beautiful day outside. Jack watched the game for a little while and then of course became restless. We found a section of bleachers where no one was sitting so we walked over there and took turns following him around. He climbed up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, etc. He had a ball! Then we decided to get him some cotton candy. He doesn't get sweets very often so he thought it was the best thing ever! I must admit, it was pretty good. I haven't had cotton candy in forever!

Attempting to get a nice shot with the field in the background...didn't happen.
After about an hour and a half Jack was done. I had worked the night before so I was tired too. We went ahead and left...got home around 3:00 pm. Jack took a nice nap when we got home. I rested too. Ed worked out and did homework. I am so proud of him! He has been working so hard to get in shape for firefighting. He also has been working hard on his degree. He graduates this spring and I can't wait! It seems like he just started school and now he will have a Bachelor's degree in Fire Science! It is AWESOME!! :)
This past week in the middle of our sickness I had my first OB/GYN appointment. I have pictures...will post more about it on the Pregnancy blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful images! The red, white and blue is so crisp and clean.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sickness. You'll find that school germs are pretty nasty, too. I think we miss out on all the fun by homeschooling - we haven't been to the doctor - any of us - in years and, since many of our friends are homeschoolers, too, we don't pick up any bugs from them.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jen! I liked the red, white, and blue as well. :) Daycare bugs are the worst! I'm glad you guys avoid them!

Unknown said...

"Everything is better in Wisconsin!" Love it!