Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 76

Aug 18-24

So I found some more pictures from when Pap and Mary Ann visited. The tail end of their visit was part of this week so I'm going to put them up. I already explained most of what we were doing in the last post so I'm just going to add the pictures.
After they left our good friend Chuck came to visit for a couple of days. We have known Chuck for a long time and he has always been a great friend to us. Jack had a blast with him!!! Saturday Ed took Chuck out to see the Kennedy Space center and surrounding areas. Poor Chuck has tried and tried to come and see a shuttle launch but something always happens. Maybe it will happen soon. Saturday night the guys (Ed, Chuck, our neighbor John, and our neighbor Nick) all went out for a guys night. They seemed to have a really good time. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. They were all in a great mood when they got back though.

Sunday I had to work so the boys decided to get out the smoker that Ed had bought awhile back and make some ribs. Apparently this was an all day process that had its ups and downs...but by the time I got home from the hospital at 7:00 pm there were delicious hickory smoked ribs waiting for me...along with a house that reeked of campfire smell. Honestly it's not a bad smell and has since dissipated, but I still don't understand how that happened.
Not much else went on this week. Kind of a short post. We were preparing for our big trip to Wisconsin so the rest of the week I pretty much worked every day up until we left...more about that in next weeks post! :)

No comments: