Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 59

April 21-27

We had a great week! It is really starting to get warm down here in sunny Florida. We should get some kind of incentive since we don't get any seasons (the palm trees look the same winter/spring/fall/summer and it gets kind of BORING!). It is finally warm enough to bring out the pools and sprinklers!!
Last year I was hoping to get Jack into the pool, but he wasn't quite big enough until the end of summer. I bought him a little turtle pool that I thought was adorable! I saved it on the shelf in the garage all winter so we really need to get it out.
In the meantime, our neighbors got out their pool and sprinkler one day. When Jack and I went to play in his play house they invited us over to swim. It was a nice day so I put on Jack's swim "outfit" and we joined our neighbors Emily and Audrey. Jack was a little hesitant for about a second and then you couldn't get him out of the pool if you tried! He would run from the pool to the sprinkler and then back again. It was so much fun!!!
The other exciting thing that happened this week is Jack has really been starting to use utensils more. Obviously we have to help him "load" up his spoon or fork, but he is getting really great at putting the food in his mouth. Sometimes he will just practice for a few bites and then eat the rest with his hands. This is all fine with me because utensils should only really be introduced at this point in time. He is always so proud of himself when he accomplishes these little things.

Eating is one of Jack's favorite things so it was only natural to introduce a new sign. I taught him how to ask for "more" food. It was pretty amazing because I really only showed him twice at breakfast and now he does it ALL THE TIME! I managed to get it on video, here is the short little clip!

No comments: