Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week 28

Sept 15-22


Jack has had a few firsts this week.  Early on in the week he had his 6 month check-up at the doctor's office.  He had to get 3 shots, but he did very well with them.  Also, some big news is that he almost weighs 20 pounds!  Big boy!  He was 85th percentile for his height and 75th percentile for his weight.


The day after his shots he was a little grumpy and I figured it was because his legs were sore, but then I noticed that he kept smacking his gums together.  After I saw him do this a few times I checked his little gums and sure enough, a teeny white dot....FIRST TOOTH!!  We are now watching it every day to see what happens.  Most of the time he is completely fine, but every once in awhile it will bother him.  He likes to chew on things to help with the pain.  Those teethers that we keep in the freezer are awesome.  Occasionally if it is bothering him before bed I will give him a little bit of Tylenol.


Jack went swinging for the first time this week. I guess I just never thought about putting him in a swing b/c until recently he didn't sit up by himself and I worried about his neck. Well I put him in one of those baby swings by himself and he absolutely loved it!! We were out on a play date with some other moms and babies and I figured...lets try it! Here are some pictures of him in action!



After the big party last weekend we decided that we are going to make a lifestyle change.  Ed and I started making better choices about what we eat, and how we spend our time.  We are eating more fresh fruits and veggies along with lean proteins. We also have been going running together...for me it's more like a walk/run, but I am improving.  It's hard to work out when you haven't gone running in over a year. I am trying to lose 20 pounds and I think Ed is going for around the same thing.  I will keep you posted on how much weight we end up losing.  Jack loves going "running" b/c he gets to lay back and relax in the jogging stroller.  Here is a picture of him after a run.

He literally sits like this the whole time...arms back, body in a reclined position.  He kind of zones out and sometimes I wonder if he nods off b/c he looks like he's asleep. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Next update please!!!