Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 130

Aug 24-30

We had to go downtown last week to officially turn in Ed's application for the Columbia Fire Academy. It feels good to finally officially have it turned in. The rest is up to fate. :) I have every faith in Ed. While we were downtown we figured we should go check out Uncle Will's Fire Station. Jack had a blast! He always loves to see fire trucks. We got a few pictures while we were there.



After our visit we went out to Finlay Park so Jack could play for a bit. It's a big park in the middle of Columbia and I was pretty impressed with the structure. Jack could run around and there were multiple slides, climbing structures, etc. It was pretty shady and in good condition. Unfortunately, we have found that parks around here are nothing like in Florida. We could choose from 10 amazing parks within a 10-mile radius of our house. I definitely give Brevard County an A+ as far as parks go. Around here there are outdated, run down, gross parks that are few and far between. There is another prospective park on Ft Jackson that we plan on trying out soon.





Saturday Ed's parents treated us to an amazing dinner at The Mill Pond Steakhouse in Rembert, SC. If any of you live in this area it is worth the drive. The food is ridiculously good. They serve a cornbread that is phenomenal. I will continue to dream about that delicious dinner for a long time! :) Ed's brother and his wife Amanda also came out. It was a very nice, relaxing, enjoyable evening for all. Jack stayed back at the house and Mimi (my mom) was gracious enough to babysit him for the night.




By the time we got back to Ed's parents house in Sumter, opened presents, and ate delicious pudding cake, it was pretty late so Ed and I decided we would just stay overnight. Ed finally got his PS3 that he has been eyeing since it came out. We decided to go ahead and get Netflix and stream it through the PS3. You really can't beat the deal. After talking to a bunch of different people who have it, it really sounded like a great bargain for what you get.




Well that is pretty much the end of another great week in SC! I am trying to stay ahead with the blog so that when I do finally go into labor it won't be neglected for too long. Our next doctor's appointment is on Tuesday. Next weekend we are going to the beach for Labor Day. Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Karen Kirkpatrick said...

I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures! I feel like I'm getting to know you and your growing family--and catching up on those I don't know well enough. Please tell everyone hello for me! Hope you enjoy being back home! Love, Cousin Karen

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! :) I'm glad someone reads it! Hope you guys are all doing well. Love, Scottie