Monday, July 4, 2011

Week 120

June 15-21

So this week we had two exciting events...they were both kind of intertwined so I will talk about Father's Day first. This is Ed's 3rd Father's Day! Wow! Next year he will have 2 kids to be a great father to. :)

There is a specific formula I use to create a successful Father's Day. It is as follows:

Good food + Favorite Beer + Relaxation = 1 Happy Father!

Of course I think Ed is the absolute best Father in the whole world so he deserves anything he wants on this special day. First Jack and I let him sleep in. We decided to make a 7:00 am trip to Publix to gather supplies for the day. Quite often Ed makes delicious breakfasts so I wanted to return the favor and make him a big family breakfast. Jack helped me pick out all the food along with a big bouquet of balloons, and a bunch of Ed's favorite beers. It was a little embarrassing because he kept announcing to everyone in the grocery store, "We got beer! Lots of beers!" Since it was early in the morning and I am obviously pregnant this made a few people look at us strangely. Pretty funny though.
When we got home Jack was so excited to get all of Ed's goodies together. We wrapped his present, a mug that Jack painted at the local pottery place near our house. We made breakfast and then Jack just couldn't take it anymore. He kept saying "Dada wake up! Presents, balloons!" Ed came down for breakfast and we gave him all of his goodies. Jack really liked helping Ed open his card. Jack picked it all by himself and it was a singing card....every time he opened it he would laugh out loud. Too cute!
This week was very special because Ed surprised me with a visit from my BFFL Holly! As most of you know Holly lives all the way in Wisconsin and we have been friends since 7th grade. Last summer we traveled to WI for her wedding to an amazing husband Ryan. They both came to visit for a few days and I had no idea until we "ran into them" in Cocoa Beach.

At first I was mad because no one told me about the trip and so of course I didn't have anything fun planned out. I like to plan ahead so this bothered me. Luckily Holly and Ryan are much like Ed and I....laid back and relaxed...so they pretty much wanted to do what we would have done anyways. I had the whole extended weekend off so we made the most of it. The first night we went out to dinner at Milliken's Reef for some delicious local seafood. Jack really started to get comfortable with both of them and by the end of the night was chit-chatting their heads off.
I am really sad because I didn't get many pictures. Yeah I know...I didn't get pictures....the queen of cameras in your face at all times. Honestly I was so relaxed and in the moment of everything, I didn't think about it until the last day when they were leaving. Over the weekend we enjoyed the beach, swimming at Holly and Ryan's hotel pool, and even eating a breakfast at Waffle House.
Jack has (surprisingly) never been to Waffle House. He LOVED it! He called it "Waffles House" and ate a whole waffle, 1/2 of Ryan's waffle, and bites of everyone else's breakfast. My little piglet, I really do need to start watching his food intake. It is out of control.
The last night they were here, Holls and Ryan took Jack to Toys R Us even though I insisted that the last thing he needs is more toys. Holly is Jack's Godmother and she wanted to do it...so I figured she could trump me on this one. I knew I wasn't winning the argument anyway. They let Jack pick out whatever he wanted and he chose a big red truck from the Cars 2 movie. It is pretty neat because it can hold all of his little matchbox cars. He is still playing with it now.
The same night happened to be Father's Day so I made a steak dinner for everyone. We went to the Green Turtle and picked out whatever cut of steak everyone wanted to eat. I love that place! We had a nice meal at home and hung out with Holly and Ryan. They even got to see the fun summer Florida storms that happen in the evening--threats of tornadoes, hail, 50 mph winds. Good stuff.

They spent the night at our house that night and the next day they drove to the airport to fly back home. It was so sad because we had a great time with them. What I would give for them to live near us. I could seriously see us hanging out all the time. :( Maybe one day. Here are some pictures of our goodbyes. Holly and Ryan rented a fancy new convertible to cruise the strip in. Jack was fascinated by how the top went up and down! We will miss our dear friends but I know we will see them again soon!!!!!

No comments: