Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week 101

Feb 9-15

Valentine's Day!

Happy Love Day! :) I usually hate Valentine's Day because it seemed that as we grew up it was this pressure to buy overpriced crap. A dozen roses for $100. A box of chocolate. A teddy bear. Jewelry. Seriously. Ed and I have talked about this before and it really is a commercial holiday when it comes to the pressure of buying a bunch of stuff. I know he loves me and he knows I love him. I have told him many times that if he spends $100 on some flowers that are going to wilt in a few days then I will be mad because I can think of so many ways to spend that kind of money on something that will last.
For the past few years we were just getting each other a card and then maybe cooking a nice dinner at home. That is my other issue with V-day. If you are brave enough to go out to dinner then good for you. I personally don't think that 2-3 hour waits in a crowded restaurant spells out L-O-V-E. It is just the thing to make me so irritated that I can't enjoy my dinner.

Jack and Madilynn at the Pottery Painting place! :)


So that sums up my cynical attitude towards Valentine's Day...but now that Jack is getting a little older it is starting to become fun to me again. We bought these cute little Valentine decorations to put on the back window. Jack loves them.
We were very loved this year...well Jack was. :) He got tons of Valentines in the mail along with some cute new trucks from Mommy and Daddy. Ed got me just what every pregnant woman wants...something salty and sweet. Chocolate covered chips! Mmmm. I had been eyeing them for months. They are made by a local gourmet chocolate factory. I got him a tile that Jack and I had made when he was away for work. Notice I put the year as 2010. Total pregnancy brain mishap. Oh well. It's still cute!

No comments: