Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 83

Oct 6-12

This post is going to be dedicated to all the firefighters. The heros.

As most of you know Ed has recently decided to make a drastic career change. He has decided to depart the Navy and become a firefighter. He says that it is not just a job to him, but a calling. I have never seen him so passionate about anything (except for his family and his religion). From the moment he decided to follow his dream I have seen a change in him.
Well there have been many changes. First Ed signed up at the local Volunteer Fire Department. He has undergone training and was officially voted in to be a member. He has a shiny new badge and a pager that he carries everywhere with him. There are times when I get annoyed at the pager, but when I see his face light up to go on a call I can't help but be happy for him.
The second major change Ed made was to change his major to a Bachelors degree in Fire Science. He will have his degree complete before he gets out of the Navy. I see him go through his classes and with every discussion and every paper he is asked to complete, he does so with such seriousness and motivation. It's not a chore for him. He is happy to learn every lesson and he takes it all in.
This week his station had their annual "Open House" at the station. It was awesome! Jack had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! We had full access to the station and all of the trucks. I think it was probably his dream come true! :) What can I say? The kid LOVES firetrucks!
Before I forget...let me link this to the station's website because they will probably post pictures as well. I know everyone wants to see Ed's fire station! It really is a nice place with cool trucks and gear. When you go to the site click on the link for 'firefighters' and Ed's picture is on there. I am just SO PROUD of him!!!!

Indian Harbour Beach Volunteer Fire Department Station 56

I know there are a million pictures on this post, but I couldn't help myself. We were having so much fun and I have been dying to get pictures of things around the station for Jack's future Firefighter room! I love the colors and the elements of a fire station. Jack will sit still and look at these pictures for hours...it's the cutest thing.

So the station graciously fed us hotdogs, chips, and cake (Publix vanilla cake with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting...one of my favorites!!). It was fun to finally see where Daddy puts in his hours. There was a very good turnout...kids everywhere. I love to see their faces as they climb the trucks. I think everyone can appreciate the awe of a fire truck. Everything is so shiny and there are buttons/knobs/gears galore!

This post is dedicated to the firefighters...especially our firefighter Daddy! We are so proud of you Ed! I love that you are following your heart and discovering your dreams! I know you will do a great job! We love you!!!!!

1 comment:

ruth said...

Scottie what an exciting post! Your pictures were beautiful. I am so happy that Ed will be spending his life fulfilling his purpose. Both of you are living your lives doing what you have been callled to do and what a blessing that is!Jack is getting so big! He is a beautiful boy.Doesn't time go so fast for a mom? It was such a nice treat to get your call this week! Thanks for calling, I love to hear from you. Well,have a great week and I hope we get to see you guys over the holidays! Love,Love,Love-Aunt Ruthann