Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 55

Mar 24-30
Well the weather has FINALLY changed! It pretty much stays warm here all year round...when compared to everyone else, but it is now officially BEACH weather! We've gone a couple of times so far this week and it's not even over yet. Earlier Jack and I went on our usual morning run, as is our routine on my days off. I thought we should have some fun to reward ourselves so I put on his bathing suit and we headed towards the beach.
At first he was a little scared of the waves crashing, they were a bit rough that morning and were loud! He was happy sitting in my lap looking around at the seagulls and the other people walking along the water.
After awhile he got a little bit more brave and walked around while holding my hand. We had a nice relaxing time just the two of us.
A few days later it was still so nice outside and I was on-call for the hospital so we figured we should take advantage of the family time and make another trip to the beach. This time Daddy came with us so it was much more fun! :) I don't know if it was just more quiet that day, or the fact that both of us were with him, but Jack had no fear this time. He ran up and down the sand and chased the waves. He watched his shadow and chased that for awhile. It was so cute!
The whole time he had a huge grin on his face. We let him go and go until he was tuckered out and then we gathered all of our things and headed back home. He got to break in his new sea turtle beach outfit that Grandma and Grandpa Harvin got him for his birthday. Everyone thought he was so cute with his little hat and matching bathing suit. I can't believe he wore the hat the whole time. I think he was so distracted by everything going on he didn't even notice it.
It's so nice to finally take advantage of living a block from the beach! I hope we have a great summer playing and soaking up the Florida sun!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss sandy beaches! The beaches here are rocky outcrops, hardly any good for playing! :(