Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week 41

Dec 16-22

This week was pretty busy because we were preparing for our big trip to South Carolina so I didn't really get many pictures. We really didn't do very much because I had to work 5 days in a row so that I could have 8 days off. I still can't believe we both have off for Christmas and we get to go home. This will be our first Christmas home since we've been married.

That post will be next week, and I'm sure it will be extra long. In the meantime, here is a video of Jack waking up in the morning. He is pretty active. It shows how we had to move his crib from the wall because anything he can reach he will pull/grab/stick his fingers in.

Okay so after I wrote all of this and posted the video I found some pictures from this week. I guess we did do a few things...

We baked cookies for the pediatric nurses. We baked about 5 dozen peanut butter blossoms and packaged them up along with cards for all of my co-workers. It's always nice to appreciate the people who work through the holidays when everyone else is enjoying their families. I have been there so many times and it is nice when people think to send some goodies your way. As you will notice in the pictures, Jack was happy to help with the cookie making process.

Also on one of the many days I worked, Jack stayed up late enough so I could see him for a few minutes when I got home from work. I only work 3 days a week, but I leave the house around 6:00 am and I don't get back until around 8:00 pm. That is if I am
on time, sometimes it is even later. I am always excited to see him when I get home. Sometimes he is already in bed asleep. I realize I look VERY tired in this picture, but how would you feel after a bunch of 14 hour days in a row?? :)
We started to get Christmas presents in the mail. We decided that since we were going to be out of town for Christmas we would open some of our presents as they came in the mail. Here is Jack opening presents from his Gigi. These are all good practice for Christmas morning. :)


2 comments:

Becky said...

are you in Sumter now? If you guys are, and get a chance(i know this time a year is hectic), we should get together!

Emily said...

oh my goodness- love the pic of you and Jack! beautiful!

ps i can't wait until we move to florida, too :-)