Monday, November 23, 2009

Week 37

Nov 18-24

Jack is still going, going, going. I swear, walking will come any day now! He really has awesome balance for just learning how to stand up. There are many times when he will be standing up playing with his toys and will let go for awhile and just stand there without holding on.

He is soooo curious and is into EVERYTHING!! I love catching him doing something he's not supposed to be doing because he knows better, but he looks at you and does it anyways. Here is a picture of him getting into Hope's water. Poor dog, never has clean water.

I also have another video to post because after watching it I noticed that it did a great job of exemplifying the very thing I was discussing in my last post about our living room starting to look like a daycare. It's hilarious. No matter how many times you clean it up he just gets it all back out. It's a lose-lose situation. You can't blame him either b/c he wants to play with everything, which is great b/c that is why we bought them. It just gets frustrating when you can't walk anywhere without stepping all over toys.
Moms out there, any suggestions on ways to store toys? So far I have a big basket which did a great job for awhile, but now his toys are starting to get bigger and bigger and they definitely won't fit in a basket.

For now I will just have to ignore the mess and enjoy playing with Jack! :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a cutie-patootie! I can't wait until Lucy starts "playing" like that. Then again, I totally miss the newborn stage. What a catch-22! Oh, and be sure to check out my blog. I addressed some of the stuff you mentioned!

Aubrey said...

We have a couple of matching baskets so that each day we pull out a different basket so there are different toys. Plus, the way our living room is set up there is a cubby like space between the couch and the front wall so the big stuff gets organized there and it's turned into Ty's little corner. You can't even see the toys unless you are over in front of it too so I have peace in my brain!

Becky said...

This is a little late, but anyway...we dedicated part of a hall closet for Nolan's larger toys, which works out nicely and we "usually" only have one larger toy out at a time. is smaller toys are in a small chest that we use as an end table....eventually ALL toys will be in the bonus room though! Hoe that helps!! :)