Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 36

Nov 11-17

I don't really have a whole lot of material for this week. We have been super-duper busy lately with work. Ed has been in and out of town on TDY and I have been working 4 days a week which equates to 50+ hour work weeks. We are all very tired.

Of course little Jack does not let any of that slow his day down. He is CONSTANTLY on the move and finding new ways to climb, jump, grab, etc. Ed and I can barely keep up with him and we try to stay one step ahead of him so we can predetermine how to keep his environment safe. We have been making all kinds of adjustments to the house to figure out a way that works to keep him somewhat contained but so he still has plenty of room to play with his toys. The key is for him to be safe so I can do dishes, clean up, etc without worrying he is going to get into something or get up the stairs.

We have moved furniture, bought gates, etc., but we haven't quite yet perfected something that will work for both of us and not look like our house is a daycare. People with kids you know what I'm talking about. I know it's a little bit vain to want to keep my house a little bit stylish, but at the same time it's not worth it to constantly be telling him "no" when he tries to get into the plants, or splash in the dog's water. I want him to be able to have an area he can touch everything without consequences and play with his toys. We will get there eventually. It makes me sad that he can't really play in his room since it's all the way upstairs and we're not really up there very often.

Well here is a video of Jack playing. He is so much fun to play with. He's really starting to talk and interact. I swear sometimes he answers my questions. :)

3 comments:

Kelly and Ashley Grogan said...

Scottie...Jack is sooo adorable. Watching those videos just made me laugh. I can tell you are such a great mommy. Hope you're doing well.

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley...get ready for this baby! They are quite a handful!! :) He is seriously so much fun though, you and Kelly are going to be in for a treat! :)

Emily said...

That's too funny about Hope's water bowl. Every time I have friends over, that's the first thing their babies go for.