Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 31

Oct 7-13

Look how big my tooth is getting!!  :)



Well the eye drama is finally over!  I have full vision in my eye once again!!  I took my antibiotic/steroid drops for a week and yesterday I finally wore my contacts again!!  :)  I'm still a little freaked out by the whole thing, but hopefully I won't have anymore problems.

This week daddy was gone again to GA for work.  We hate when he leaves because we miss him terribly.  It is very hard for one person to run a household, manage a kid and a dog, and also work full time.  I think I said this last time Ed had to go out of town, but I have a newfound respect for single parents. EVERYTHING is your responsibility and you are never relieved.  I appreciate what I have and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who does his equal share around the house.


Enough about that, Jack has been growing and changing a ton lately.  That's probably why I haven't updated the blog b/c it's pretty hard to keep up with him.  He is definitely on the verge of crawling, but has not quite mastered the skill.  He definitely gets to where he wants to go.  He uses such techniques as rolling, scooching, moving backwards, etc.  He can go from his belly up on to his hands and knees very easily and also from belly or back up to a sitting position.  Any day now.  Ed is really hoping he will hold off until he gets home from GA because he doesn't want to miss anything.

It is definitely time to start "baby proofing" the house.  We have been holding off for awhile...we probably should have had this done when he came home from the hospital so we would be ready.  I'm going to need to find a baby gate for the top and bottom of the stairs, electrical outlet covers, and cabinet locks.  Jack has recently discovered that there are "drawers" on the TV cabinet and if you pull the shiny silver knobs they will open.  I'm not quite sure yet how to baby proof this particular item.  I need to though, b/c I don't want him to knock down the TV on himself accidentally when he's old enough to pull up to stand.  Any suggestions?

Here are some pictures of him caught in the act.  He knows he's not supposed to get into them, look at the expression on his face!  :)






I have to say that this trip has been much easier on me and I think also on Ed due to the wonderful world of Skype.  Since we got the two Apple computers we realized that we could easily Skype one another when Ed was gone.  For those of you who don't know what Skype is...it is basically a program that lets you talk to one another on video.  It pretty much makes you feel as if the person is sitting right in front of you.  It is so easy to do.  We thought it would cost money, but it's free!  You just have to download the program onto your computer and create a username and password.  You get a box that comes up and it looks a lot like AOL Instant Messenger.  It shows your friends who are online and you can chat with them via typing or you can call them and see them on the computer.  If any of you ever want to Skype e-mail me and I will give you our usernames.  :)

Well that is about it for this week.

No comments: