Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 178

Jul 25-31

So our new house is in the works.  I have a feeling it will be "in the works" for years to come.  There are always projects and things you want to do.  Unfortunately, these projects tend to take lots of $$$.  Ed and I like to talk about the things we want to buy for our new house.  We are starting to attempt to finish some things.  Others will have to wait.  One of the more simple projects for the house was to finish the boys bathroom.  It is the main guest bathroom as well.  I wanted a mix of standard bathroom, but with a twist of "kid fun" to it.  After all, the boys are the ones who occupy it on a daily basis.  I just didn't want the kid stuff to completely overtake the whole thing.










I started off with a fairly blank canvas of browns, beige, black, tans.  My first piece of inspiration was this cute little monkey toothbrush holder.  Jack LOVED it.  I started to research the items that went with the 'collection' and quickly realized they were all ugly.  The only cute thing was the toothbrush holder.  Hmm...what to do?  I definitely needed something on the walls.  I figured I would match up the colors and just paint my own monkey pictures on canvas, then get some simple towels/rugs to match and call it a day.  This is what I ended up with!






What do you think?  Jack loves it so that's all that matters to me.  :)  A fun bathroom that is practical for adults, yet fun for kids.  I guess you would say the total budget for this bathroom makeover was less than $20.  The only thing I had to purchase was the green paint (Wal-Mart), brown rugs (Wal-Mart), toothbrush holder (Wal-Mart), and the green soap dispenser/cup (Bed Bath & Beyond).  I already had the canvas and the other paint colors.  The towels were also mine.  The shower curtain was left behind from the previous owner since it is custom made extra long to fit the bathroom (thanks Staci!).  

2 comments:

Leslie P. - Fast Fit Performance said...

this is super cute! we are in the process of redo-ing jayden's/guest bathroom too. it will be a slightly larger project since we need to put a tub in, but love the simplicity of this room!

Unknown said...

Thanks! :) Good luck with your reno!