Saturday, May 26, 2012

Week 167

May 9-15

We had a typical Storch week.  It seems like spring is starting to turn into summer and the weather is quickly heating up.  Before you know it, we will be moving into our new house!!  I have been trying to pick up as many extra shifts as possible so lots of time was spent working. Ed is still taking classes, but it is summer school so it is not quite as busy as the regular semester.  He only has to take two classes instead of four, but they are at a faster pace and crammed into a shorter amount of time.  It hasn't been too bad working an extra shift a week, and it will definitely be worth it when we have extra money to spend on stuff for the new house.


We have really been trying to go through all of our stuff and get rid of as much excess as possible. I feel  like we have been holding on to things for years.  Less is more as far as I'm concerned.  It is time for some new things.  Now that we will finally have our own house we can invest in higher quality things that will last awhile.



Abel cut two teeth this week!  The first one was the bottom left/middle and right behind it is the bottom right/middle.  He is going to look so different with teeth!  Here is a picture of them barely poking through, when they grow in I will be able to get a better view for you.  There was definitely some pain involved and he was slightly cranky, but it was easily fixed with Motrin.  He is seriously getting so big all of a sudden.  He is trying to crawl.  He doesn't quite have a coordinated effort, but he is definitely able to move from point A to point B.  Especially when his big brother is around and he wants to see what he is up to!  I've noticed that sometimes when they think no one is looking they actually will play with each other.  :)



Summer also means that Aunt Caroline is home from Clemson.  She came to visit us twice last week.  Jack was happy to get some extra attention.  It freed me up to get some things done around the house and make dinner on the nights Ed had class.  We strapped Abel into the baby bike seat and they played outside for awhile.  Jack is also getting suddenly big.  He can efficiently pedal both of his bikes and he loves to go around in the cul-de-sac.











On one of my many days of working, I was fortunate enough to stop in and eat dinner with my little brother.  He was working downtown at the Fire Station on Devine Street.  It was cool to hang out with the fire fighters and share a meal.  I got a picture because I thought it was cool to see us both in our "uniforms."  Our jobs are so similar in the sense that we serve the community.  We also both work shift work, which takes a certain personality.  I'm still so proud of him for becoming a fire fighter.  He really seems to enjoy it!


At the end of the week it was Mother's Day!  This is my 3rd Mother's Day and my only request was a home made card.  Ed must have done some crafts with the boys while I was sleeping because when I woke up I found this on the table.  It is a Mother's Day card shaped like a vase with homemade paper flowers!!  It had Jack's hand prints as well.  So, so precious!  The whole house was cleaned (yay!) so we spent the afternoon as a family.  I love those days where we just hang out and enjoy each other's company.  After we fed the kids dinner, gave them baths, put them in pajamas, and they fell asleep Ed made me a delicious dinner.  He had taken the boys to the Fresh Market and bought delicious filets to cook for dinner.  It was AWESOME!  I had a perfect Mother's Day.  :)






3 comments:

misty said...

oh my goodness! abel's poor tears!! and jack on that bike, cute! hailee has a scooter, she's just now got figured out. they really are FUN at this age :) hope you're getting everything ready for the big move!! congrats on the new house!!!!

Emily said...

One question: how in the heck do your nails always look so good?????

Unknown said...

LOL Emily! It's funny you should notice my nails. I usually never do them, but recently started. It's kind of fun and if you get the right polish you don't need a million coats.