Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 148

Dec 28-Jan 3

Well I finished my first full week of working night shift. I have been so worried about returning back to work for so long. I can't even tell you how many times I have gone over the schedule over and over in my head. I worried that Abel wouldn't sleep at night for Ed, that I wouldn't be able to sleep during the day, that it would be horrible. I guess the only good thing about coming back to work after having a little baby is that you are already conditioned to be sleep deprived. I have to say, it is not half as bad as I made it out to be in my head.

The boys in their Penguins jerseys...thanks Pap and Mary Ann!

I love this!!!

Next kid better be a girl, or I'm going to have to get used to sports on TV all the time.

I am on orientation to the Pediatric Emergency Department. I really like that this hospital eases you into your new job. Not only am I with a preceptor (another nurse) for a few months, but they are also sending me to a bunch of different classes. Some people might think this would be overkill, but I think it's awesome. I love learning new and up to date information so I don't mind getting refresher courses on such topics as "Pediatric Emergency Situations" and "Documentation." It is always good to know what you are doing. I feel like when I am put on my own I will be very comfortable and ready for anything that walks in the door. Literally. In the E.D. you really never know what may fly through that door. You really can't even be prepared for 'everything' per say, but you should try your best to be!

Big boy Abel!

Awww! He will be 4 months old in a couple of weeks!

So after my first week of work I had the weekend off, which was pretty cool because it was New Years. Ed and I went out New Years Eve and partied it up. I think we were up until 5:00 am drinking and celebrating. It was out of control. WILD, WILD night!!!!

Um, NOT!

Hahaha! Did you think I was serious? We were in our pajamas at 8:00 and in bed asleep by 11:00. We haven't celebrated New Years properly since before we had kids. Here is the last time that was...we were pretty damn sexy in our day.

New Years Eve 2008

Want another laugh? Here we are later that same night...


Woooohooooo!!!!

LOL! Good times, good times! So anyway we were in bed by 11:00 and then the next day we went to Ed's moms house for New Years Day. I got some kind of nasty stomach bug (probably from my new job) and was pretty much laid up in bed most of the day in between puking. I was pretty annoyed because Ed's mom makes a really good New Years Day dinner and I was really looking forward to eating it. Oh well, there is always next year. Luckily it was only a 24 hour bug because the next day it was back to work.

During the week Uncle Will and Kristen came by to bring their presents. I told Will not to get us anything but he didn't listen and got us ALL something. It was super nice of him. We didn't get to see him on Christmas because he worked at the Fire Station. Jack was super excited to open presents yet again (this kid is so spoiled!). He loves playing with Will and Kristen so he was pretty happy about them coming over, as you can see in these pictures.

He couldn't wait to open them all up!

Hurry up mom! I can't sit still!

So it is now 2012. That is so crazy. Last year was a roller coaster of everything you can imagine, so I hope this year settles down a little bit. Not that I would change anything, but it will be good to just get into a routine and enjoy each other. New Years resolution? Well of course since I just had a baby mine is to get into shape. Ed and I gained almost 10 pounds each over the holidays...yeah I know...disgusting!! Most of it was just eating pure junk and drinking beer. Even this week when I cut out the obvious junk and the alcohol I already lost 6 pounds. That just shows how much beer can make you retain water.

Jack and his beloved train table

We have a long way to go. We are starting a new workout program. It's called Les Mills Pump. It's from the same company as Insanity and Asylum. We will see how it all works out. I am a little nervous about fitting in working out with all of the other craziness we have in our lives. Hopefully we make it through. This program is 90 days so it is by far the longest one we have ever tried. I have to lose weight though, literally none of my clothes fit. We will get there. I will make another video of my progress and will debut it once I finish.

To finish up this post here is a cute little video of Jack and Abel.

No comments: