Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 134

Sept 21-27

**editors note: I am writing this after severe sleep deprivation. hopefully it makes sense**

Ahh...sweet baby bliss. So far life with a newborn (part 2) is going pretty well. I have to say, it is not easy to be responsible for feeding Abel. I don't remember Jack eating as often/as much as Abel seems to. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all, but it is exhausting getting up every 2-3 hours at night to feed a little baby (who eats for 30+ minutes at a time). Thank goodness I have Ed and my mom here to help out with things. Ed pretty much gets up with Jack every morning. Jack seems to suddenly have his times mixed up because he has started waking up earlier and earlier. He's up to around 6:15 now...when he normally gets up around 7:00. I'm hoping when we "fall back" with the time change, he will get right back on schedule. Mimi (my mom) helps clean up and has been doing all of the laundry, which is awesome because I HATE doing laundry!
These are some of the shots I took in the attempt to get the great shot you see at the top of the blog.

We pretty much go through our days like clockwork. Get up, feed babies, change diapers, play with Jack, feed the baby, feed Jack lunch, nap time for everyone, play, eat dinner, baths, bed. It is like groundhog day around here, but I know that soon it will get better. Sometimes I just want things to "get back to normal," but that is when I tell myself to just kick back and enjoy this time. He will not be this little for very long!
Hard to give photography directions to a 2 year old.

So far Jack is an awesome big brother. He helps out, gets diapers, throws things in the trash, helps make meals, unload the dishwasher, etc. He hasn't shown any direct defiance towards the baby yet, but in general we have noticed him acting out a little. He has definitely started pushing his boundaries, earning himself a few extra time outs here and there. I'm not sure if it is baby brother, or just becoming a 2 1/2 year old. Overall though, he is well behaved and a good kid (as long as he gets his sleep).
He wanted to pretend like he was sleeping too. Haha!

I am slowly recovering from giving birth. Not as fast as I would like. I am the worst "patient" ever. I'm supposed to "take it easy, not lift things, get sleep." Umm...yeah right. Have you met me? I don't do any of those things. I am trying my best to do these things, but I just don't want to, especially after finally being free from pregnancy. Now I just want to start getting back into shape, exercise, lose all of this weight, and feel good about myself again. I can't squeeze my big butt into any of my clothes except maternity ones. It's so gross. I wish that when you went through all of the torture of pregnancy for so long...once you had the baby all the weight would magically disappear. It would be awesome. Oh well. I guess I have to take it one day at a time. All the books say to give yourself anywhere between 10 months-1 year. That seems like a lot. I will start working out soon, at least now I can start planning on what exercises I will be doing.
Love these pajamas! They are size "newborn" so they will probably only fit for another week or so.

Sweet, sweet little boy.

On a fun note, now that we finally live in a non-tropical climate we can look forward to having weather changes. Seasons. Oh how I have missed fall. I love this time of year. We were so excited we went ahead and got all of our Halloween decorations out. Well not all of them. We decided to just decorate the inside of the house this year. After the big move I just didn't feel like hauling out all of the stuff.
We still have so much stuff piled in our garage and even a few boxes and things that we haven't really unpacked. I just didn't have the energy and neither did Ed. I think our indoor decorations are fun though. Jack loves it. At night we have orange lights on our trees and around the mirror with the spider webs. He says it's "spooky," that seems to be his new favorite word. I have been happily enjoying Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin coffee and also Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. So yummy! I am not ashamed to say that I have driven 30 minutes to DD's to get one of these coffees. Yeppers. They are that good!
Thanks for visiting! :) Sorry so behind, will try to do better!

No comments: